The Daily Post asks this question today:
The plan is to start an old-school style community, I’m talking Shaker, Quaker, or Oneida style (minus the unifying religions and weird rules regarding reproduction. Songs about turning are always welcome, and of course, there will be spoon making! People can raise their own children.).
Ideally the community would be comprised of people who simply want a different style of life than the U.S. generally offers. Food will be communally grown (and shared, gasp!), and people would be expected to find ways to contribute to the overall well-being of the land and community. Outside of that, your time is yours to do with what you please (so long as it isn’t having a meth lab in the basement, or other such shady enterprises).
I’d hope to attract a responsible artistic and philosophical element, and would also love to have people from all over the world. It would be awesome if the community could also serve to take in people who have hit hard times.
Being an idealist, I foresee no problems.
Oh, and that reminds me of something funny. The term “free love” was not coined by drug addles hippies in the sixties, it was coined by the same man who began the Christian Perfectionist Movement.
Hats off to you, John Humphrey Noyes, for being a complete and total weirdo! While I may not agree with everything that went behind the system of complex marriage and the idea of free love, I certainly do agree that people’s personal relationships are their business!
Other prompt responses (oh yeah, look at that sexy wordplay):
- Daily Prompt: A Plot of Earth – I have a dream « cognitive reflection
- Daily Prompt: A Plot of Earth | The Gozum Show
- Daily Prompt: Veggies,Plants,Animals Flowers. « Natalie Elizabeth Beech
- Daily Post: A Plot of Earth | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
- Daily Prompt: A Plot of Earth … a finite resource | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
- My Secret Garden « Q the Adult
- I Speak For The Land! « Sorta-Ginger
- Daily Prompt: A Plot of Earth | genieve celada | photography
- A Plot Of Earth | Hope* the happy hugger
- A Plot O’ Earth « Miss Pelican’s Perch
- Daily Prompt: A Plot of Earth « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: A Plot of Earth (A Writer’s Fantasy) | Creative Mysteries
- Daily Prompt: A Plot of Earth | Daddy’s Naughty Little Girl
- Bisan Library | بيسان
- No More Heartaches | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: A Plot of Earth – A rescue « The Pawsey Piggy Troupe
- Daily Prompt: A Plot of Earth « Completely Disappear
- Daily Prompt: A Plot of Earth | Tita Rita
- Daily Prompt: A plot of earth….for me? You shouldn’t have! | ThesesLittlePieces
- Daily Prompt: A Plot of Earth « Diary of Dennis
- my little piece of forest | thematticuskingdom
- Daily Prompt: A Plot of Earth « DiaryCube
- Chocolate… Like me! « Travel Making Kai
- Daily Prompt: EAzY ANSWER- “I’ve seen smilin’ faces in wilder places” EAZY said | Nerissa Moonshine